The County Board seeks to reflect Arlington’s diversity by fully partnering with all segments of the community.
The following commissions currently anticipate or now have vacancies (as of July 2021):
- Civil Service Commission
- Commission on the Status of Women
- Community Development Citizens Advisory Committee
- Community Services Board
- Disability Advisory Commission
- Economic Development Commission
- Emergency Preparedness Advisory Commission
- Forestry and Natural Resources Commission
- Historical Affairs and Landmark Review Board
- Human Rights Commission
- Information Technology Advisory Commission
- Joint Facilities Advisory Commission
- Out of School Time Advisory Council
- Park and Recreation Commission
- Partnership for Children, Youth and Families
- Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Transportation Commission
General information about appointments:
- The Board makes appointments for specific terms. Terms are staggered so that vacancies occur on a periodic basis.
- Generally, advisory group appointments are limited to residents of Arlington County, although there are some exceptions.
- Some groups may require special appointment qualifications as mandated by the Virginia or County Codes (e.g., particular expertise in the subject area.)