Information For Landlords

The Housing Division can provide additional information for landlords upon request. The Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act (VRLTA) applies to landlords (and their tenants) who rent a dwelling unit.

Landlord Information

This information contains helpful information for landlords. It provides a guide about renting a single-family home, condominium, or cooperative apartment. It includes:

For more information, contact the Housing Information Center703-228-3765.

If you collect $10,000 or more annually in rentals, you also must obtain an Arlington County business license. For more information contact the Office of the Commissioner of Revenue at 703-228-3060 or email