- The landlord may terminate the lease if the tenant:
- Violates the lease
- Participates in drug-related or violent criminal activity
- Participates in other inappropriate behavior (e.g., disturbing the neighbors or damaging the unit or property)
- The landlord can choose not to renew the lease at the end of any term and must provide the ACHCV Program with a copy of any notices sent to the tenant, including a move or eviction notice.
- The landlord and the tenant may mutually terminate the lease at any time. In this case, the landlord and tenant must sign and provide the ACHCV Program with a Mutual Rescission of Lease.
*Ordinary wear and tear refers to items that can’t be charged against the tenant’s security deposit under state law or court practice.