Access and Inclusion
Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation is committed to the American’s with Disabilities Act which guarantees non-discrimination and equal access for individuals with disabilities in all programs, services, and activities. We will provide modifications upon request. Advanced notice for modifications is welcome.
View Full Access & Inclusion Guide
Contact Inclusion Coordinator
Available Inclusion Supports
The Therapeutic Recreation Office is committed to supporting individuals through:
- Creating and sharing modification plans
- Conducting class observations upon request
- Supporting instructors and parent/guardians as to how to implement various supports upon request
- Providing additional staff to lower the ratio of provide 1:1 support when those resources are available
- Adapted equipment/techniques
- Sign language interpreters
- Large print and Braille materials
How to Request a Modification
Complete online, phone-in or mail-in registration. When prompted, identify that inclusion support is needed due to a disability.
Download and complete a Participant Modification Information (PMI) form.
Submit completed PMI form. The PMI can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed/dropped off to 3308 N. Stafford St., Arlington, VA, 22206. Please make sure to identify which programs you are requesting support.
An Inclusion Support Coordinator will develop a Participant Modification Plan (PMP) designed to successfully support your participant's recreational pursuits and share with recreation staff.
Questions? 703-228-4740 or TTY 711