DPR Customer Code of Conduct
Arlington is a happy and healthy place to live, learn, work and play. We strive to ensure that individuals, regardless of age or ability, can access our services, participate in our programs and benefit from our resources.
Show up, have fun, be respectful and a good time will be had by all.
Positive Participation at all Times
Customer Code of Conduct
- Exhibit appropriate behavior and follow directions while participating, spectating or attending park and recreation activities
- Show respect for all individuals and property
- Demonstrate self control and conduct yourself appropriately
- Refrain from using foul or abusive language
- Do not cause bodily harm to self or others or unwanted body contact
- Do not behave in a way that may constitute a danger to yourself or others, or lead to a hostile environment
Consequences of undesired behaviors include:
- Warning: Customer is given a copy of this Code of Conduct brochure and verbal warning
- Suspension: Customer may be suspended from facility or program
- Termination: Customer may be removed from program or facility if behavior results in extreme disruption, or intentional harm to self, others, or property
All customers have the right to appeal if you do not agree with the decision. You have 16 calendar days to write a letter of appeal, otherwise the consequence will be implemented. Address appeals to Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation, Attn: Appeals, 2100 Clarendon Blvd., Suite 414, Arlington, VA 22201.
We want all participants to be successful in our programs and spaces, and are willing to work with each person to ensure we are all being safe.