Transitway Extension to Pentagon City Groundbreaking Ceremony
Published on May 03, 2022
The public and media are invited to join the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority (NVTA), Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), and Arlington County at the groundbreaking for the Transitway Extension to Pentagon City. The ceremony will take place at the site of the future transitway station at 201 12th Street S, Arlington, VA 22202 (north curb, at the intersection of 12th Street S, Long Bridge Drive and S. Clark Street).
This project is the first of three segments that will add additional dedicated transit lanes and five new transit stations with associated station amenities.
The Transitway will serve local travel demand within the corridor, including Amazon’s HQ2 headquarters, enhance connections to Metrorail, and improve connections to Columbia Pike. It will provide needed transportation capacity to support anticipated infill residential and office development in Pentagon City and Crystal City, particularly PenPlace, Pentagon Centre and Metropolitan Park.
To learn more about the project, visit: https://www.arlingtonva.us/Government/Projects/Project-Types/Uncategorised/Transitway-Extension-to-Pentagon-City.
- Groundbreaking for the Transitway Extension to Pentagon City
- Katie Cristol, Arlington County Board Chair, Northern Virginia Transportation Authority Board Member
- Phyllis J Randall, Northern Virginia Transportation Authority Chair
- Joe Leader, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Chief Operating Officer
- Lynn Rivers, Arlington County Department of Environmental Services Transportation Bureau Chief
- Monday, May 9, 2022, at 10 a.m.
- 201 12th Street S. Arlington VA 22202 (north curb, at the intersection of 12th St S, Long Bridge Dr and S Clark St)