New Century Center Residential
This two acre site is located at 2351 Richmond Highway, at the southwest corner of Crystal Drive and 23rd Street South, in the Crystal City Coordinated Redevelopment District., Arlington, VA 22202 View Map
This project was approved by the County Board on July 15, 2017. Read the meeting minutes with approved site plan conditions (Item #49).
Check building permit status.
Site Plan #65 & #442
About the Project
The applicant, Commonwealth Crystal Holding I, Inc. proposes a rezoning from “C-O” to “C-O-Crystal City,” a Crystal City Block Plan and a site plan for a new residential building. The proposed building would be built on top of the existing one-story retail space and the developer states that the existing retail tenants at the site will remain. The statistics for the proposed building are as follows:
- 302 dwelling units
- 334,270 sq. ft. (3.84 FAR)
- 21,836 sq. ft. of ground floor retail (0.28 FAR)
- 242 residential parking spaces (0.8 spaces per unit)
- 100 retail parking spaces to remain in existing shared garage with adjacent office building
- Height of 270 feet to top of the penthouse (24 stories)
The applicant requests the following modifications to the Zoning Ordinance or Crystal City Sector Plan:
- Build-to line on Crystal Drive: Instead of adhering to the recommended build-to line on Crystal Drive as required in the Zoning ordinance, the applicant proposes a plaza at that location
- Bulk Plan Angle: The developer requests a modification of the recommended bulk plane angle for this site in the Zoning ordinance
- Modifications from the Zoning Ordinance to permit shared parking and .8 Parking ratio (exclusive of tandem).
The developer is not requesting bonus density, but stated they will commit to LEED Silver certification and Energy Star compliance.
County Board Public Hearing
Site Plan Review Committee
4.1 Site Plan