Located on the south side of Glebe Road between S. Mead and S. Lang Streets and adjacent to Four Mile Run, just north of the County boundary. The residents of this area are represented by the Long Branch Creek Civic Association., Arlington, VA 22206 View Map
This project was approved by the County Board on May 17, 2016. Read the meeting minutes with approved site plan conditions(Item #35).
Check building permit status.
About the Project
Site Plan #431
The applicant, AHC Inc., was approved by the County Board to construct two five-story apartment buildings and received a partial rezoning. The project demolished the two existing four-story apartment buildings (built in 1961). The existing buildings provided 137 dwelling units, of which 110 were Committed Affordable Units (CAFs).
- The partial rezoning reclassified part of the site from “R-6,” a one-family dwelling district, to “RA8-18,” a residential apartment district, which comprises the remainder of the site.
- Once constructed, the two apartment buildings (renamed The Apex) will provide 256 CAFs and 241 parking spaces.
- The project will contain 3 CAFs affordable to households earning less than 40% of area median income (AMI), 53 CAFs affordable up to 50% of AMI, 161 CAFs affordable up to 60% AMI and 39 CAFs affordable up to 80% AMI.
- May 17, 2016 - County Board:
Site Plan Review Committee
- Sept. 25, 2017 - Post-Approval SPRC:
- May 12, 2014 - SPRC:
- April 17, 2014 - SPRC:
- March 13, 2014 - SPRC:
- Dec. 9, 2013 - SPRC:
- Nov. 21, 2013 - SPRC: