2201 Arlington Blvd. – The Arva
The approximately 2.38 acre site is located in the Pershing Drive Special Land Use Study area. The site is bordered by Arlington Boulevard (east), Fairfax Drive (north), North Wayne Street (west) and the Washington-Lee Apartments (south)., Arlington, VA 22209 View Map
This reports the status related to the Site Plan Review Process only (Administrative Regulations 4.1).
About the Project
Explore the project site through a Virtual Walking Tour.
The applicant proposes to demolish the existing motel and construct a mixed use building with approximately 251 dwelling units and approximately 2,900 square feet of ground floor retail, with a maximum height of eight (8) stories. To accomplish this development the applicant proposes:
- A change in the General Land Use Plan designation for the site from “Service Commercial” and “Low-Medium Residential” to “Low Office-Apartment-Hotel";
- A proposed rezoning from “C-2” and “RA6-15” to “C-O-1.5”; and
A Site plan, with requested modifications to the zoning ordinance regarding parking requirements, and for additional density through a combination of achieving LEED Gold certification for the site and other provisions as permitted by the Zoning Ordinance (e.g., provisions for public open space, affordable housing, etc.).
Additional project details include:
- Site Plan infrastructure and improvements include:
- A public open space;
- Underground Utility fund contribution;
- Affordable housing contribution or on-site affordable units;
- Streetscape improvements;
- On-site Public art or contribution to public art in the neighborhood;
- Proposed LEED Gold certification.
- This project will undergo public review via a virtual Site Plan Review Process. Learn more.
- The SPRC Chair for the site plan review process is: Tenley Peterson
||Milestone / Meeting
|October 7, 2022
||Site Plan Acceptance
|November 1, 2022
||Site Plan Review Process Kick-off
|November 22 – December 5, 2022
||Online Engagement Opportunity
||Site Plan Review Committee Meeting #1
||Site Plan Review Committee Meeting #2
||Planning Commission Meeting
||County Board Meeting
*Process timelines are subject to change as needs arise. Check back for updates.
Related Plans and Processes