MEDIA ALERT: West Glebe Road Bridge Ribbon Cutting
Published on September 07, 2023
The public and the media are invited to a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the completion of the West Glebe Road Bridge Reconstruction project.
The event concludes a year of construction to rebuild the upper deck of the bridge to ensure safe operational condition, improve bike and pedestrian accessibility with new sidewalks and bike lanes, and enhance the overall experience on the bridge with artwork by Vicki Scuri.
This project was a partnership between Arlington County and the City of Alexandria to maintain safe passage between the two communities for all residents regardless of mode of transportation.
Where: Pizza Hut, 1049 W Glebe Rd, Alexandria, VA 22305 (this event will be held outdoors. In the case of inclement weather, the event will move into the Pizza Hut)
How to Get There:
- By bus: ART 87 (Arlington side only); DASH 36AB, 103; Metrobus 23AB
- Limited parking available onsite
- Christian Dorsey, Chair, Arlington County Board
- Justin Wilson, Mayor, City of Alexandria
- Greg Emanuel, Director, Arlington County Department of Environmental Services
- Vicki Scuri, Artist