TRAFFIC ALERT: Planned Road Closures for Weekend of April 23-24, 2022
Published on April 15, 2022
ARLINGTON, Va. – The Arlington County Police Department will conduct numerous road closures throughout the County to accommodate three upcoming events taking place during the weekend of Saturday, April 23 – Sunday, April 24.
2022 Arlington Festival of the Arts
The 2022 Arlington Festival of the Arts will take place from Saturday, April 23 to Sunday, April 24, 2022. Set-up for the event will begin at approximately 3:00 a.m. on Saturday, and the event will be open both Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
The following roads will be closed from approximately 3:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 23 through 9:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 24:
- N. Highland Street will be closed from Wilson Boulevard to 13th Street N. Local traffic will be allowed to access the public parking garage to 3033 Wilson Blvd.
- N. Hartford Street will be closed from N. Highland Street to 13th Street N. Local traffic will be able to access the parking garage for 1210 N. Highland Street.
- The alleyway between N. Herndon Street and N. Hartford Street will be closed at N. Hartford Street
Attendees are encouraged to use the Metro (Clarendon station, Orange and Silver lines) or other multimodal transportation options to reduce vehicular traffic in the area.
2022 Bunny Hop 5k Race
The 2022 Bunny Hop 5k Race will take place on Saturday, April 23, 2022 and will begin at 8:00 a.m. The following roadways will be closed in order to accommodate the event:
From approximately 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- N. Irving Street, between 7th Street N. and 5th Street N.
From approximately 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- N. Irving Street, between 2nd Road N. and 5th Street N.
- N. Pershing Drive, between N. Piedmont Street and N. Edgewood Street
- N. Fillmore Street, between 3rd Street N. and Pershing Drive
- N. Garfield Street, between Pershing Drive and 3rd Street N.
- 4th Street N., between N. Fillmore Street and N. Garfield Street
- 2nd Road N., between N. Irving Street and the Columbia Gardens Cemetery
A portion of the course winds through the Columbia Gardens Cemetery. The Cemetery will be closed to vehicular traffic and have a delayed opening at 10:00 a.m.
2022 Earth Day Every Day Festival
The 2022 Earth Day Every Day Festival will take place on Sunday, April 24, 2022 and will be held from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. The following roadways will be closed from approximately 8:00 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. in order to accommodate the festival:
- Cherry Hill Road, between N. Woodstock Street and N. Woodrow Street
- Northbound N. Woodrow Street, between 20th Road N. and Cherry Hill Road will be restricted to local traffic only
Community members should expect to see an increased police presence in the area around these events, and motorists are urged to follow law enforcement direction, be mindful of closures, and remain alert for increased pedestrian traffic. Additional closures not mentioned above may be implemented at police discretion in the interest of public safety.
Residents of the affected neighborhood areas will be escorted through the road closures to minimize the impacts on the community, only when safe to do so. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No parking” signs, as street parking in the area around these events will be limited. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call the Emergency Communications Center at 703-558-2222.
Click the images below to enlarge.
| Arlington Festival of the Arts
||Bunny Hop 5k Race
||Earth Day Every Day Festival