Temporary Food Establishment Licenses

The Arlington County Public Health Division, Environmental Health Program issues Temporary Food Establishment Licenses for special events where food is served, such as festivals, athletic events, and fairs.

A country fair food stall

Coordinating a Temporary Event

  • If you are coordinating a large event with food or multiple food vendors, you must submit a Special Events Application. Information about the application process is available on the Special Events website.
  • If your event involves only one food vendor and a limited number of participants, you may not need to apply for a Special Events permit. However, you must still notify the Environmental Health Program at EHTFE@arlingtonva.us or 703-228-7400.

Selling Food at a Temporary Event

Tagged as: