Arlington Transit (ART) Operations and Maintenance Facility
Planning, design and construction of a new ART Operations and Maintenance Facility (AMOF) located at 2631 and 2635 Shirlington Road.
May 2022 Update
Project Specific PFRC Members
- Portia Clark, Robin Stombler, Richard Price, Kevin Vincent
About the Project
This project will address the need for parking, operations and maintenance of the County’s growing Arlington Transit (ART) bus fleet. ART has significantly increased its number of routes and hours of service during the past 10 years and plans to continue growing during the next 20 years, supported by a fleet of more than 100 buses.
The County acquired three parcels of land in Green Valley to construct the facilities needed to consolidate ART service functions and support its current and future needs. The facility will perform regular preventive bus maintenance, repairs and other unscheduled maintenance work. It also will include administration and operations functions and parking for buses and staff. The facility is essential for ART’s long-term sustainability.
The project will include:
- A maintenance facility and surface parking for the buses (to be located on Parcel A)
- A four-story administration and operations building with attached four-story parking structure for employee vehicles (to be located on Parcel B)
The County will require a minimum of LEED Building Design + Construction (BD+C) Silver Certification for the project, which will be designed to include sustainable materials and systems.
For more information please visit the DES project page.
- PFRC Letter to County Board, May 13, 2021(PDF, 589KB)
- Green Valley Civic Association Letter to County Board, April 22, 2022(PDF, 96KB)
- C2E2 Letter to County Board, January 24, 2022(PDF, 276KB)
- Green Valley Civic Association Petition to County Board, October 7, 2021(PDF, 90KB)
- Green Valley Civic Association Letter to County Board, August 19, 2021(PDF, 228KB)