1. Individual Achievement Award
To be presented to an individual who has:
- demonstrated dedication and commitment to promoting civil and advocating and protecting civil and human rights;
- led the development of contemporary measures to fight discrimination and prejudice and the effects of past discrimination; and/or
- fostered positive intergroup relations among persons of different races, ages, ethnic origin, gender, religious backgrounds, or physical and mental abilities.
2. Business and Industry Awards
To be presented to a business or industry that has:
- developed and implemented an effective equal opportunity/ affirmative action program as demonstrated by a diversified workforce in which all persons are afforded opportunities for employment and upward mobility, regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, religion, color, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other prohibited basis of discrimination; and
- demonstrated their corporate responsibility by devoting resources for the improvement of the community at large.
3. Community Groups UPS and Non-Profit Organizations
To be presented to a community group or non-profit organization that has:
- demonstrated sustained commitment to the raising of the level of awareness and concern for violation of human rights;
- advocating the development and improvement of legal mechanisms to protect basic civil and human rights;
- educated and informed persons of their civil and human rights; and/or
- led affirmative action efforts to bring full equality of opportunity.
4. Educational Organizations
To be presented to educational organizations that promote civil and human rights, including:
- School groups and other educational organizations