TRAFFIC ALERT: Planned Road Closures for September 30, 2023
Published on September 21, 2023
ARLINGTON, Va. – The Arlington County Police Department will conduct road closures in order to accommodate three upcoming events taking place on Saturday, September 30.
The 2023 Clarendon Day will take place on Saturday, September 30 and will begin at approximately 11:00 a.m. The following roadways will be closed from approximately 3:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.:
- Wilson Boulevard, from Washington Boulevard to N. Highland Street
- Clarendon Boulevard, from Washington Boulevard to N. Garfield Street
- N. Highland Street, from 11th Street N. to Wilson Boulevard
- N. Herndon Street, from Wilson Boulevard to the alleyway behind CVS
- N. Hudson Street, from Wilson Boulevard to the alleyway behind CVS
Beckett’s Celtic Festival
The 2023 Beckett’s Celtic Festival will take place on Saturday, September 30 beginning at 12:00 p.m. The following roadway will be closed from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.:
- Campbell Avenue, from S. Randolph Street to the parking garage entrance in front of the Shirlington Harris Teeter
National Landing Oktoberfest
The National Landing Oktoberfest will take place on Saturday, September 30 beginning at 1:00 p.m. The following roadway will be closed from approximately 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.:
- 22nd Street S., from S. Fern Street to S. Eads Street
Community members should expect to see an increased police presence in these areas, and motorists are urged to follow law enforcement direction, be mindful of closures, and remain alert for increased pedestrian traffic. Additional closures not mentioned above may be implemented at police discretion in the interest of public safety.
Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No parking” signs, as street parking in the area will be limited. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call the Emergency Communications Center 703-558-2222.