TRAFFIC ALERT: 2023 Arlington Bunny Hop 5K Fun Run/Walk
Published on April 07, 2023
ARLINGTON, Va. – The 2023 Arlington Bunny Hop 5K Fun Run/Walk will take place on Saturday, April 15, 2023, and will begin at 8:00 a.m. The Arlington County Police Department will conduct the following closures in order to accommodate the event:
From approximately 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- N. Irving Street, between 7th Street N. and 6th Street N.
From approximately 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- N. Irving Street, between 2nd Road N. and 5th Street N.
- N. Pershing Drive, between N. Piedmont Street and N. Fillmore Street
- N. Garfield Street, between N. Pershing Drive and 3rd Street N.
- 4th Street N., between N. Fillmore Street and N. Garfield Street
- 2nd Road N., between N. Irving Street and the Columbia Gardens Cemetery
A portion of the course winds through the Columbia Gardens Cemetery. The Cemetery will be closed to vehicular traffic and have a delayed opening at 10:00 a.m.
Community members should expect to see an increased police presence in the area, and motorists are urged to follow law enforcement direction, be mindful of closures, and remain alert for increased pedestrian traffic. Additional closures not mentioned above may be implemented at police discretion in the interest of public safety.
Residents of the affected neighborhoods will be escorted through the traffic closures to minimize the impact on the community, only when safe to do so. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No parking” signs, as street parking in the area will be limited. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call the Emergency Communications Center 703-558-2222.