TRAFFIC ALERT: Planned Road Closures for Armed Forces Cycling Classic
Published on May 31, 2022
ARLINGTON, Va. – There are planned road closures to accommodate the 2022 Armed Forces Cycling Classic bicycle races, which will take place during the weekend of Saturday, June 4 – Sunday, June 5, 2022.
2022 Challenge Ride and Crystal Cup
The 2022 Armed Forces Cycling Classic: Challenge Ride and Crystal Cup bicycle races will take place in National Landing on Saturday, June 4, 2022. The following roadways will be closed in the National Landing and Rosslyn areas to accommodate the event:
From approximately 3:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Crystal Drive, from 15th Street S. through 23rd Street S. (Local traffic allowed on Crystal Drive, between 15th Street S. and 18th Street S.)
From approximately 4:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
- Wilson Boulevard, from N. Kent Street to the Route 110 ramp
- Route 110, from Rosslyn to Crystal City
- 15th Street S., from Crystal Drive to S. Eads Street
- S. Bell Street, from 15th Street S. to 20th Street S.
From approximately 4:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- S. Clark Street, from 20th Street S. to 23rd Street S.
- 20th Street S., from Crystal Drive to S. Clark Street
- 18th Street S., from Crystal Drive to S. Eads Street
- 23rd Street S. (westbound lanes only) from Crystal Drive to S. Clark Street
2022 Clarendon Cup Cycling Classic
The 2022 Clarendon Cup Cycling Classic bicycle race will take place on Sunday, June 5, 2022. The following roadways will be closed in the Clarendon area from approximately 3:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. in order to accommodate the event:
- Wilson Boulevard, from N. Edgewood Street to Washington Boulevard
- Clarendon Boulevard, from Washington Boulevard to N. Fillmore Street
- Washington Boulevard, from Kirkwood Road to 10th Street N.
- N. Highland Street, from N. Hartford Street to Washington Boulevard
- N. Garfield Street, from Wilson Boulevard to Washington Boulevard
- N. Fillmore Street, from Wilson Boulevard to Clarendon Boulevard
The public should expect to see an increased police presence in the area, and motorists are urged to follow law enforcement direction, be mindful of closures, and remain alert for increased pedestrian traffic. Other roads not mentioned may be closed at law enforcement discretion and in the interest of public safety.
Race attendees and spectators are encouraged to use Metro or other forms of multimodal transportation to reduce vehicle congestion in the area. The Crystal City Metro station (Blue and Yellow lines) is located within the Challenge Ride/Crystal Cup racecourse at the corner of 18th Street and Clark Street. There will be no bus access to the Crystal City Metro from approximately 4:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 4. The Clarendon Metro Station (Orange and Silver lines) is located within the Clarendon Cup racecourse at the corner of Wilson Boulevard and N. Highland Street.
In addition, area street parking will be restricted. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs and illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, please call the Emergency Communications Center at 703-558-2222.
Click the images below to enlarge.
| Challenge Ride - June 4, 2022
||Crystal Cup - June 4, 2022
||Clarendon Cup - June 5, 2022