TRAFFIC ALERT: Arlington Police, Fire, Sheriff, ECC 9/11 Memorial 5k
Published on September 01, 2022
ARLINGTON, Va. – The 20th Annual Arlington Police, Fire, Sheriff, & ECC 9/11 Memorial 5k race will take place on the evening of Saturday, September 10, 2022. The Arlington County Police Department will close the following roadways around the Pentagon and in Crystal City to accommodate the event:
From approximately 3:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- Army Navy Drive, from S. Eads Street to 12th Street S.
From approximately 5:00 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.
- S. Eads Street, from Army Navy Drive to 12th Street S.
- S. Fern Street, from Army Navy Drive to 12th Street S.
- S. Hayes Street, from Army Navy Drive to 12th Street S.
- Army Navy Drive, from S. Joyce Street to S. Eads Street
- S. Joyce Street, from Army Navy Drive to Columbia Pike
- Columbia Pike, from S. Oak Street to Washington Boulevard
- S. Washington Boulevard, from Arlington Boulevard to Columbia Pike
- S. Washington Boulevard, from SB George Washington Parkway
- Route 110 S., from I-66 and Wilson Boulevard to Army Navy Drive
- Marshall Drive, from Iwo Jima Access Road to Route 110 S.
- Southgate Road, from Oak Street to Columbia Pike
- The ramp to Army Navy Drive from NB I-395 Exit 8A, Arlington Ridge Road, and N. Washington Boulevard
- The ramp from NB I-395 Exit 8C to Pentagon City / Crystal City
Traffic is expected to be impacted along the route and the surrounding areas. Motorists can anticipate extended travel times and should seek alternate routes to reduce road congestion. Other roads not mentioned may be closed at law enforcement discretion and in the interest of public safety.
Race attendees and spectators are encouraged to use Metro or other forms of multimodal transportation. The Pentagon City Metro Station (Blue and Yellow lines) and Crystal City Metro Station (Blue and Yellow lines) are located within walking distance to the racecourse. Paid parking is available at the Pentagon City Mall garage for those choosing to drive.
In addition, street parking in the area will be restricted and motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs. Illegally parked vehicles in violation of the posted signage may be ticketed and towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, please call the Emergency Communications Center at 703-558-2222.