TRAFFIC ALERT: 2022 National Police Week 5k
Published on May 11, 2022
ARLINGTON, Va. – The 2022 National Police Week 5k will take place on Saturday, May 14, 2022. The Arlington County Police Department will conduct the following road closures to accommodate the event:
From approximately 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- 19th Street N., between N. Lynn Street and Arlington Ridge Road (hotel access will be permitted from N. Lynn Street).
- N. Kent Street, between Wilson Boulevard and 19th Street N.
From approximately 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Wilson Boulevard, between N. Lynn Street and Route 110
- South Route 110, between I-66 and Marshal Drive
- North Route 110, between Richmond Highway and I-66
- Arlington Ridge Road, between 19th Street N. and Wilson Boulevard
The public should expect to see an increased police presence in the area, and motorists are urged to follow law enforcement direction, be mindful of closures, and remain alert for increased pedestrian traffic.
Race attendees and spectators are encouraged to use public or other forms of multimodal transportation, as street parking around the event will be limited. The designated pick-up and drop off location for ride share services will be on the east side of N. Lynn Street, between Wilson Boulevard and the mid-block crosswalk.
Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call the Emergency Communications Center at 703-558-2222.