Thank you to everyone who submitted a logo idea. The period for logo submissions is now closed.
The new Arlington County logo will be used on all County communications and materials, and overtime in all community amenities like parks, community centers, buildings, and more.
What to consider with your logo submissions
- Meaningful – communicates what is special about Arlington County
- Inclusive – best represents all residents and stakeholders
- Timeless – works for the very long term, won’t go out of style quickly
- Visually appealing – clean, simple, easy to understand at a distance
- Versatile/Scalable – looks good large and small, in color and black/white, in various mediums
- Distinctive – not be easily confused with another logo
What to avoid with your logo submissions
Arlington is a special and unique place that encompasses more than federal presence. We want our logo to convey what’s distinctive about Arlington on its own merits.
Submissions with the following imagery may not be considered.
- Federal monuments, memorials and facilities (examples include Air Force Memorial, Netherlands Carillon, Tomb of Unknown Soldier, Pentagon, etc.)
- Virginia symbols such as the Cardinal bird, Dogwood flower, Virginia is for Lovers icon. Note: These are not unique to Arlington and are used in commonly used in many other places.
Note: For more information on this topic, view the presentation from the Logo Review Panel at the May 18 County Board meeting.
Criteria for Submission
- All designs must be original and new
- Maximum three (3) concepts/submissions per person — submit each logo concept individually
- Submit/upload the art/concept in .jpg, .png, or PDF format
- Designs can be submitted in color and/or black and white
- See the Rules, Terms and Conditions for your submission
Next Steps in Developing a New Logo
A Logo Review Panel will review concepts submitted, then work with a design firm to further refine the designs for a second communitywide voting opportunity in late July 2021. In September 2021, the Logo Review Panel will share final recommendations for a new County Logo with the Arlington County Board.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The period for logo submissions is now closed.