Arlington County Trades Center
The Trades Center is a complex of some 38 acres, owned and operated by Arlington County and Arlington Public Schools. Located in Shirlington, the Center is comprised of multiple buildings and utility structures used for operational functions of County Government and Schools.
More than 500 employees report to work at the Trades Center each day, and more than 600 vehicles are locally stored—all ready to provide vital services to the Arlington community.
The County agencies that use the Trades Center are:
- DPR – Department of Parks and Recreation – Maintains parks, other open spaces and community centers.
- DES – Department of Environmental Services, Equipment Bureau – Repairs/maintenance of all County vehicles, motorized equipment and buses
- DES – Department of Environmental Services, Water Sewer, Streets Bureau – Operates and maintains water distribution system, storm sewer system and County streets; snow removal operations.
- DES – Department of Environmental Services, Solid Waste Bureau – Manages collection and processing of refuse, recycling, organic materials and debris.
- DES – Department of Environmental Services, Transportation, Engineering and Operations – Street light and traffic light maintenance; sign design, fabrication and installation.
- APS – Arlington Public Schools, Facilities & Operations – Facilities planning, design, construction and maintenance; school transportation functions.
- ACPD – Arlington County Police Department, Police Impound Lot – Facility for impounding moveable property and forensic assessments.
- ACFD – Arlington County Fire Department, Fire Training Academy https://fire.arlingtonva.us/locations/fire-training-academy/ – Fire Department’s primary training facility.