23rd Street South
23rd Street South, Arlington, VA 22202 View Map
23rd Street South from South Nash Street to Army Navy Drive (Arlington Ridge Neighborhood)
Construction Update, August 17, 2018:
- 13 of 14 driveways complete
- Sidewalk, curb, and gutter work has been initiated
- Drainage structures and concrete work for ADA accessible ramps and sidewalks to be completed
- Final driveway will be completed once all drainage structures are complete
The 23rd St. S Project started construction in May, 2018 and is expected to be completed by the end of December, 2018.
Construction Hours will be from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Residents should expect to see contractors on-site prior to 8 am setting up for the day.
Construction Update, November 20, 2018:
- All driveways complete
- Drainage structures and concrete work for ADA accessible ramps and sidewalks complete
- Sidewalk, curb, and gutter work nearing completion
- Full depth asphalt operations in process
- Construction is expected to be completed by the end of December 2018
Construction Update, December 2018 update:
All major construction (sidewalk, curb, and gutter, asphalt, and landscaping) was completed in December 2018.
About the Project
- North side of the street: 5′-0″ wide concrete sidewalk adjacent to a 2′-6″ utility (grass) strip, with ADA compliant pedestrian ramps.
- South side of the street: ADA complaint curb ramps installed at the intersection with S. Queen St. and at the corner with Army Navy Dr. No other improvements to this side of the street.
- Asphalt street reconstruction and pavement milling/paving.
- The roadway will be narrowed to 34’, and will maintain two travel lanes, one in each direction.
- On street parking will be retained on both sides, except where prohibited for traffic engineering ordinance reasons.
Documents and Plans