1300 S Rolfe Street and 13th Road South, Arlington, VA 22204 View Map
U-3402 Special Exception Use Permit Neighborhoods Form Based Code (FBC) Project
Address: 1300 S. Rolfe St. (northeast intersection of South Rolfe Street and 13th Road South
The property is bounded by South Rolfe Street, 13th Road South and South Queen Street
The County Board approved the project on Feb. 24, 2015. Read the meeting minutes (Item #27).
Check building permit status.
About the Project
The applicant, Craftmark Homes, Inc and Elm Street Development, proposes to build 50 3-story townhouses, including 73 dwelling units on 145,829 square feet of land on the site currently occupied by George Washington Carver Mutual Homes Association (Carver Homes). The new development will achieve a Green Home Choice Platinum energy efficiency and would include 6 affordable (for sale) units.
- Zoned “R-5” and located within the Columbia Pike Neighborhoods Special Revitalization District
- Development required a modification to the ground floor finished floor heights and front facade entrances on some of the town homes
- 3-Story, townhouse project
- 94 reserved (tenant) parking spaces
- 14 shared (visitor) parking spaces
- 12,608 square feet of private open space
- Public Mini-Park
- 2 on-street, public bicycle spaces
- Streetscape improvements on South Rolfe Street, 13th Road South and South Queen Street (including clear sidewalk, street trees and trash bins)
- New public streets and interior alley system for access to parking and circulation
Elements Under Consideration
This is a Special Exception Use Permit Form Based Code project that has requested a modification to the ground floor finished floor heights and front facade entrances on some of the town homes.