Nov.10, 2020 - Dec. 23, 2020
Mar. 1, 2021
Aug.1 - Oct. 3, 2022
- Share Your Thoughts about the Forestry and Natural Resources Plan
- If you’d like to get more in depth, read and comment directly on the draft plan please go here. (Please note that we have not added graphics to the draft plan so that it was easier for folks to focus on the text. The final draft plan will include charts and images.) This will also stay open until Oct. 3, 2022.
- Arlington County Fair, Aug. 19, 5-7 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. Thomas Jefferson Community Center.
- Natural Resources Joint Advisory Group Meeting, Sept. 12, Virtual and In-Person
- Forestry and Natural Resources Commission Meeting, Sept. 22, Virtual and In-Person
- Park & Recreation Commission Meeting, Sept. 27, Virtual and In-Person
- PSMP-IAC Meeting, Sept. TBD
Virtual Community Engagement, TBD, Virtual
We received more than 1,800 engagement responses in engagement #2. Participants engaged in a variety of ways including an online form, commenting directly on the draft, attending in-person pop-up events at 23 locations, commission meetings, through stakeholder groups and community events, and at a virtual open house session.
Below are documents that capture what we heard and the associated analysis:
June 2023 - Community Feedback on the Draft Forestry and Natural Resources Plan (FNRP)
The community was invited to review and provide feedback on the latest draft of the FNRP. An online form was available for feedback from June 1 through June 30.
June 14, 2023 - In-Person Open House at Lubber Run Community Center
An open house was held at Lubber Run Community Center where residents stopped by between 6:30 and 8:30 p.m. Staff were on hand to answer questions and collect feedback on the draft Forestry and Natural Resources Plan.
June 26 and June 28, 2023 - Virtual office hours
Virtual office hours were conducted on Microsoft TEAMS. The project team was available on June 26 from 1-3 p.m. and on June 28 from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. to answer questions and collect community feedback.
September 2023 – Engagement Summary
Through the engagements noted above from April-June 2023, we heard from 154 stakeholders in a variety of ways. The engagement summary is linked below that detail what we heard from the community. The project team is using this information to further update and finalize the final Draft Forestry and Natural Resources Plan.
Engagement Summary #3