Arlington County Profile
Did you know…
- Arlington's population reached 237,300 people in 2023. After a slight decline in population in 2021 due to impacts from the Covid-19 pandemic, the population has increased by 1% each year.
- 70% of Committed Affordable Units are in the planning corridors (Rosslyn-Ballston, Richmond Highway and Columbia Pike).
- 81% of households in the planning corridors are one or two person, compared to 62% outside of the planning corridors.
- Since last year, it is estimated that 2,000 more people are self-employed and 7% more Arlingtonians are working from home.
The Arlington County Profile is an annual report providing statistical information including demographics, development, employment, transportation, community resources and much more. The Profile has been updated for 2022 and includes the following features: data topics, key facts and takeaways, and planning corridor statistics.
The Interactive Corridors Summary (shown above) highlights population and housing statistics by planning corridor. Check out all three pages of the dashboard:
- Population, Housing and Jobs by Corridor
- 2022 Development Activity
- Office and Residential Land Use by Corridor
For more information about Arlington’s history, amenities and highlights, see Arlington Fast Facts(PDF, 85KB) .
Past Arlington County Profiles
Supplemental Fact Sheets