Fall 2022 Virtual Program Dates: September 28- November 16 (Wednesday's at 6:30 p.m.). The application for this session is now closed.*Note: Enrollment is limited to 30 participants. Applications will be considered in the order they are received and the application form will close once capacity has been reached.
Neighborhood College is a FREE civic leadership development program for Arlingtonians that helps participants become more effective community activists and leaders. Since its inception in 2000, nearly 400 Arlingtonians have graduated from the program, and many have gone on to become neighborhood leaders, members of advisory groups and commissions, officers in their civic associations, County Board members, volunteers at nonprofit organizations, local activists, and more.
The program seeks current and emerging grassroots neighborhood leaders who want to contribute to improving their communities, are interested in addressing local issues, and are willing to devote time and energy to community activities.
Program participants will:
- Learn about various County departments and agencies and interact with key staff.
- Learn, practice, and sharpen core communication, civic engagement, and leadership skills.
- Gain the confidence and knowledge needed to increase their impact within the County and their communities.
- Meet and network with other neighborhood leaders interested in improving the Arlington community.
- Volunteer 10 hours of their time in Arlington County within six months of completing the program.
- The program takes place over the course of eight weeks
- The program is open to anyone aged 18 and older who lives in or owns and operates a business in Arlington.
- Arlington County employees, please reach out to Naudy Martinez (email@example.com) BEFORE applying
Due to COVID-19, the program is currently being offered virtually. The technology needed to participate online is:
- Computer with webcam, tablet with camera, or Smartphone*
- Microphone or headphones with a microphone
- Highspeed internet connection
*Please note that some Neighborhood College activities may be easier to complete using a computer.