Teen Network Board (TNB)
In-person meetings cancelled until further notice.
TNB usually meets 1st and 3rd Tues. of each month during the school year at Central Library. Currently meeting on Zoom
Meet teens from all over Arlington. Share opinions, ideas & issues. Advise County officials & community leaders.
2021 Applications are now closed.Questions? Ms. Siobhan Grayson @ 703-228-1506 or email@example.com
Arlington TNB is a County & School Board-appointed teen advocacy group comprised of high school and home school students, from different backgrounds and parts of the county, to provide community voice for Arlington youth. We discuss issues, make recommendations, and act to improve the lives of Arlington teens. If you live or go to high school in Arlington, you are eligible to join TNB and make a difference. You should:
- Be enthusiastic about making a difference in your community
- Live or attend high school in Arlington
- Attend 2-hour meetings 2x month,
- Participate in events and volunteer
Follow us on Twitter, TikTok find us on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat
Read our Brochure
ONCE you apply and are accepted- you’ll join one of 5 committees:
- Communications focuses on using all available Social Media platforms to keep the youth in our community informed of events, impact or enhance their lives.
- DAP (Drugs and Alcohol Prevention) educates and advocates for the community and our peers to be more aware of the dangers of drug and alcohol use.
- HRT (Healthy Relationships Taskforce) advocates for sexual assault awareness and consent as well as educating the youth on dating violence prevention.
- Peer-to-Peer focuses on creating a better community through awareness and advocacy, free of bullying and negativity in pursuit of equality, and justice for all youth in Arlington.
- VICE (Volunteering, Internships, Community service and Employment) advocates for opportunities in our community so teens/youth can become involved through job and internship opportunities to promote good citizenship and prepare for college, gap year, vocational, and work options as they prepare for life after or without high school.
Returning members 2021-22!
Teen Network Board is an advisory group of the Arlington Partnership for Children, Youth and Families (APCYF), jointly appointed by the Arlington County and School Boards, charged with improving the health, well-being and safety of children, youth and families in Arlington, Virginia.