Teen Network Board (TNB)
New member applications for next year will open March 2024!
TNB meets the 1st and 3rd Tues. of the month during the school year, at Lubber Run Community Center. Arlington TNB is a County & School Board-appointed teen advocacy group comprised of high school and home school students, from different backgrounds and parts of the county, to provide community voice for Arlington youth. We discuss issues, make recommendations, and act to improve the lives of Arlington teens. If you live or go to high school in Arlington, you are eligible to join TNB and make a difference. You should:
- Be enthusiastic about making a difference in your community
- Live or attend high school in Arlington
- Attend 2-hour meetings 2x month,
- Participate in events and volunteer opportunities
Returning members for 2022-23
Questions? Contact Linh Nghe at 703-228-1528 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter, find us on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat Subscribe to our YouTube ; check out our LinkTree
ONCE you apply and are accepted, you’ll join one of 5 committees:
- Communications focuses on using social media platforms to keep youth in our community informed of events, impact or enhance their lives.
- DAP (Drugs and Alcohol Prevention) educates and advocates for the community and our peers to be more aware of the dangers of drug and alcohol use, especially for those who are underage.
- HRT (Healthy Relationships Taskforce) advocates for sexual assault awareness and consent as well as educating the youth on dating violence prevention.(Working with Arlington's Project PEACE
- Peer-to-Peer focuses on creating a better community through awareness and advocacy, free of bullying and negativity in pursuit of equality, and justice for all youth in Arlington.
- VICE (Volunteering, Internships, Community service and Employment) advocates for opportunities in our community to promote good citizenship and prepare teens for life after high school. This can include attending college, taking a gap year, participating in vocational training, or employment.
TNB Newsletter(PDF, 5MB) - March 2022
Know your Nine - Learn more:
Title IX Brochure 22.pdf
TNB alum news
Check out “Dear HRT… https://fb.watch/2oTcSXQUPO/, a podcast on healthy relationships.
Teen Network Board is an advisory group of the Arlington Partnership for Children, Youth and Families (APCYF), jointly appointed by the Arlington County and School Boards, charged with improving the health, well-being and safety of children, youth and families in Arlington, Virginia.