Grasscycling is leaving grass clippings on your lawn to fertilize the grass and return nutrients to the lawn. Grasscycling is an alternative to throwing away valuable nutrients in your grass.
Grasscycling is the most efficient way to manage grass clippings. Grasscycling is good for your lawn and it reduces the amount of trash that must be collected and disposed of at the energy-from-waste facility. The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that yard waste accounts for 18 percent of the trash we’ve historically dumped in landfills, and rises as high as 50 percent during the growing season. Typical yard waste is about 25 percent tree leaves and limbs, and 75 percent grass clippings.
If grass clippings are left in place, they must be cut small enough to filter through the turf grass canopy and down into the soil region. Once this occurs, the clippings can decompose and become part of the continuing turf-soil nutrient cycle. An on-site grasscycling system directly depends on mowing techniques:
Learn more about eco-friendly lawn care and green gardening.
Customer Contact Center
Hours: Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
Service Requests by Phone
Mon.-Fri, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
Have account number available if possible.
Look Up Your Item