Wood and leaf mulch delivery fees are proposed to increase to $75 for a half load and $93 for a full load starting July 1, 2024, under the proposed FY 2025 Budget. If implemented, mulch orders delivered after June 30 will be subject to the new pricing. Mulch pickups are still free for Arlington residents, while supplies last.
Learn More: Account Needed for Mulch Delivery/Brush Pick-Up
More ordering information below.
Free Mulch for Pick-up
While supplies last, residents can pick up free wood and leaf mulch at the following sites:
- Earth Products Yard
Location: 4300 29th St S.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturdays from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Closed on Sundays and holidays. Note: Compost is also frequently available at the Earth Products Yard, free for pick-up by residents while supplies last.
- North 26th Street and Yorktown Boulevard
Location: North 26th Street and Yorktown Boulevard
Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Mulch Delivered for a Fee
Prices include delivery. Deliveries are made Mon.-Fri. (except holidays), from 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. It’s not necessary to be home at the time of delivery but mulch must be removed from on-street locations within 24 hours. Provide a valid phone number and/or email address so that we may contact you with any questions regarding your mulch delivery request on the day of delivery. Should any issue arise and our staff is unable to contact you, the material will be delivered as requested or returned if there is any obstacle.
Delivered mulch fees will be applied to your next quarterly utility bill. If you don’t have a utility account, call 703-228-5000.
Delivery Location Options
- Curbside: You must have a minimum of 30 feet of open space away from parked cars and low-hanging wires for mulch delivery. If your delivery location is within a no parking zone, mulch will not be delivered. Any mulch left on the roadway or sidewalk must be removed by the resident within 24 hours. Mulch left longer than 24 hours may be removed by the County with no refund.
- Driveway: County vehicles can only deliver within 6 feet to 8 feet of the driveway apron.
Order Sizes and Prices
- Leaf mulch – 2.5 cubic yards: $50
- Leaf mulch – 5 cubic yards: $75
- Wood mulch – 2.5 cubic yards: $50
- Wood mulch – 5 cubic yards: $75
Full Load, 5 Cubic Yards
(JPEG, 150KB) (JPEG, 126KB)
Half Load, 2.5 Cubic Yards
(JPEG, 82KB). (JPEG, 75KB)
Order Mulch Online
Choose delivery date from the online calendar and receive immediate confirmation.
An online order form will automatically appear after you accept the terms and conditions.
If you do not have your account number and use the address option to place your online mulch order, a 5-digit PIN code will be required. Follow the steps on the online order page to receive your PIN code. Mulch deliveries are no longer be accepted over the phone. This includes rescheduling requests due to a desired change in delivery date, load amount, material type, etc. Please use the online order form or follow the steps below to send us the form by fax or mail.
Order Mulch by Fax or Mail
- Download a mulch order form or request one be faxed to you by calling 703-228-5000.
- Fax the completed form to 703-228-6493 or mail to Solid Waste Bureau, 4300 29th St. S., Arlington, VA 22206.
- Upon receipt of your completed form, a customer service representative will contact you to schedule a delivery date.
Cancel or Change an Existing Mulch Request
You can cancel a scheduled mulch delivery or change delivery details such as the delivery date, load amount, or material type online. Select “Cancel” or “Reschedule a Request”.
What's In Our Mulch?
Leaf mulch is produced from the County’s fall leaf collection and wood mulch is produced from tree trimmings and removals.
The Solid Waste Bureau sends mulch samples to a professional laboratory, where it undergoes the test methods established by the U.S. Composting Council. Learn more and view specific results below:
Fill dirt is no longer available from Arlington County.