Affordable Housing Master Plan Review to Kick Off in January
January 12, 2021 ENGAGEMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Arlington County will be conducting a five-year review of the Affordable Housing Master Plan. The plan outlines three main goals: to increase supply, to ensure access, and to contribute to a sustainable community. In order to achieve these goals, periodic updates to factors affecting the demand and supply of housing are needed.
Join us for a series of upcoming events and engagements to kick off the review process:
January 21 at 6 p.m. | Affordable Housing Master Plan Review Kick Off: Housing Needs Analysis
- Join us for a presentation by Jeannette Chapman, Deputy Director at the Stephen S. Fuller Institute at George Mason University to learn about:
- An overview of Arlington’s Housing Needs Analysis
- Characteristics of Arlington County’s population
- Current housing affordability and housing needs throughout Arlington
- Housing demand forecasted housing through 2045 based on the most recent population and jobs patterns
January 26 at 12 p.m. | Rescreening: Affordable Housing Master Plan Kick Off Presentation
- Can’t attend the Kick Off Event? Join us over the lunch hour to view a rescreening of the Housing Needs Analysis presentation. County staff will be available to answer questions.
January 28 at 6 p.m. | Affordable Housing Master Plan Review Webinar: Five Year Report
- As a follow up to the Affordable Housing Master Plan Review Kick Off, join us at this webinar for:
- An introduction to the Five-Year Report: a progress report on meeting the goals and objectives outlined in the Affordable Housing Master Plan; and
- An overview of what has been accomplished and what still needs to be completed in the Affordable Housing Implementation Framework.
- Participants will have the opportunity to ask follow-up questions and submit comments for future consideration.
Coming January 29 | Online Engagement Opportunity
- Share input with the Affordable Housing Master Plan Review team. Details coming soon.
Follow along with this process at the Affordable Housing Master Plan Review webpage.