SPARC IS NOW AVAILABLE TO ELIGIBLE HOMEBUYERS. Funds are limited and available on a FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED BASIS. Buyers must be eligible at the time of application.
This program provides moderate income first-time homebuyers who purchase in Arlington an opportunity to receive a mortgage interest rate reduction. Loans are provided through the Virginia Housing (VH) Sponsoring Partnerships and Revitalizing Communities Program (SPARC) previously known as the CHRP program. 2022 SPARC Income Limits(PDF, 331KB)
Qualified buyers receive a 1% rate reduction from the standard VH mortgage interest rate, for home purchases in Arlington County. Homebuyers have various mortgage financing options with any VH-approved lender. Since it began in 2005, the program has helped more than 450 Arlington families purchase their first homes, providing more than $80 million in low-interest mortgages.
- Property must be located in Arlington County
- First-time homebuyer or homebuyer who has not owned a home for at least three (3) years (includes all household members)
- Type of mortgages available: conventional, FHA, and VA
- Property price may not exceed $550,000
- Completion of the first-time homebuyer class offered through VH
- Income limits apply: 2022 SPARC Income Limits(PDF, 331KB)
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for SPARC:
- Attend a home ownership class, available for free online at VH.
- Follow-up with your lender to determine if SPARC is right for you.
Lenders using the SPARC program must submit- via email- required documents found below. All documents below must be submitted to the Arlington Housing Division for SPARC consideration. The Housing Division will respond to requests for SPARC approval within 48 business hours.
To submit documents or for questions, contact: Odalis Barrios (email@example.com