Sponsoring Partnerships and Revitalizing Communities Program (SPARC)
SPARC FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE TO ELIGIBLE ARLINGTON HOMEBUYERS. Funds are limited and available on a FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED BASIS.
Applications must be submitted by a Virginia Housing approved lender. Buyers must meet all eligibility and documentation requirements at the time of application.
Qualified buyers receive a 1% rate reduction from the standard Virginia Housing mortgage interest rate, for home purchases in Arlington County.
This program provides eligible moderate-income first-time homebuyers with a 1% interest rate reduction on Virginia Housing mortgages.
SPARC Eligibility Criteria(PDF, 244KB)
- Property must be located in Arlington County
- First-time homebuyer or homebuyer who has not owned a home for at least three (3) years (includes all household members)
- Purchase price may not exceed $665,000
- Completion of the First-Time Homebuyer class AND Financial Counseling offered through Virginia Housing
- Income limits apply: (PDF, 331KB)SPARC Eligibility Criteria(PDF, 244KB)
Lenders using the SPARC program must submit- via email- required documents found below. All documents below must be submitted to the Arlington Housing Division for SPARC consideration. The Housing Division will respond to requests for SPARC approval within 48 business hours.
To submit documents or for questions, contact: Odalis Barrios (email@example.com