Until Help Arrives
About Until Help Arrives
Anyone who lives, works, or volunteers in Arlington can attend Until Help Arrives (UHA) training. Attendees will learn to help themselves and others in life-threatening emergencies like shootings, car crashes and workplace accidents while waiting for first responders. You'll be the help - until help arrives.
Course graduates learn life-saving skills including:
- Maintaining situational awareness
- Identifying key life threats
- Stopping bleeding
- Moving and positioning the injured
- Providing psychological support and comfort to the wounded
- Relaying essential information to 9-1-1
Take the Class
Register for our free class. All are welcome! Don't forget to take the online course beforehand.
- Wednesday, May 24 from 5PM-7 PM. Register here. (Penrose Square, Columbia Pike)
- Thursday, June 29 from 6:30 PM-8:30PM. Register here. (Lubber Run Community Center)
- Thursday, July 27 from 6:30 PM-8:30PM. Register here. (Arlington Mill Community Center)
Learn to Teach the Class
Take Arlington County's free Train-the-Trainer course to become an official Until Help Arrives instructor. You’ll learn to teach your house of workship, workplace, school and loved ones life-saving skills during emergencies like shootings and car crashes.
The program is offered on June 6 and 7 from 9 AM – 4:30 PM at the County’s Trades Center (2700 S. Taylor Street).
This free course is open to all. Sign up - space is limited!
Watch the pre-class training.
How to Stop-the-Bleed Videos
Watch our 5-minute training videos to learn skills we review in-depth in class:
Request onsite UHA Training at your organization
Request free, onsite Until Help Arrives training for your community organization, civic group, business, or house of worship by completing this form.