Tips for Owners
- Get Current
- ID tags on the collar
- Microchip info updated
- Recent picture
- Go Bag – Your pet needs one too!
- Key Info
- Medication(s) and medical record
- Vaccination history (rabies, distemper, kennel cough)
- Instructions – anything extraordinary about your pet?
- Food & water
- Baggies, litter, cleaning supplies
- Toys- animals can get stressed too. You can make simple, non expensive toys from basic materials. Here’s an example for dogs.
- Shelter in Place – Two week surplus of food & water
If Arlington County opens a shelter for people, the Animal Welfare League of Arlington may open an adjacent pet shelter using its disaster preparedness trailer.
Purchased by the Arlington County Government with funds provided by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, this 20 foot trailer is stocked with the resources needed to set up a temporary pet-friendly shelter.