The Arlington County Permit Office is CLOSED for in-person customer service. Many services are available online. Learn more.
A special event permit (street closure) is issued for the temporary closure of one or more streets to conduct a special event that has been pre-approved by the County’s Special Events Committee and issued a special event permit.
To learn more about hosting a special event in Arlington County, contact Special Events staff at 703-228-1876 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special event permit (street closure) applications must be submitted online.
- You must submit a Special Event Permit (Street Closure) Application in Permit Arlington.
- From the Create drop-down menu, select Building Application. Then select Special Event Permit.
- View Permit Arlington Help for assistance with the online system.
- Submit the online permit application a minimum of 30 days prior to the date of the approved special event.
- Full payment of fees is required before permit issuance. Online payment via eCheck or credit card is available.
- The online application requires the following information:
- Name of approved special event
- Date and time of approved special event
- Applicant’s name, organization, address, phone number and email
- Name, address, phone number and email of on-site contact (if different from applicant)
- Applicants receive their special event permit for street closures by email.
Fee Schedules provide the range of fees charged for each type of application or activity related to land development in Arlington. Fees cover permitting, plan review, enforcement, inspection, service delivery, performance agreements and conditions. There are separate fee schedules for ISD, Zoning and the Department of Environmental Services (DES). Some permits involve fees from more than one schedule.