Do you need to request a new address or change your existing address? Common reasons for an address change include (but are not limited to):
- Subdividing properties
- New buildings
- Change in front door location
You may not submit a new address request for personal preferences. New address request review can last up to 2 weeks.
New Address Requests must be applied for online.
- You must complete a New Address Request Form in Permit Arlington.
- From the Create drop-down menu, select Building Application. Then select New Address Request.
- View Permit Arlington Help for assistance with the online system.
- Real Property Code (RPC) for the property
- Residential (single family and townhouse): a first-floor plan showing the front door location as well as street frontage.
- Commercial: a first-floor plan showing location of the front door and the fire alarm panel or room (if applicable) and street frontage.
- Building owner’s name and contact info (address, phone number(s) and email address).
- Unless the permit holder is the contractor licensed in Virginia for the scope of work on the permit OR the permit holder is the property owner and present for all steps of the permitting process, the party that applies for and/or picks up the permit will need to have a Permit Authorization Affidavit.
- Applicants will receive confirmation or denial of new address requests via email.