Guide: How to Contact Your Inspector
This guide applies to Residential Building, Commercial Building, Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing inspections. To contact inspectors for other inspections (e.g., energy, fire protection systems, demolition, or elevators), see Building and Trade Inspections > Other Inspections.
1. Identify your assigned inspector.
- Inspector assignments are not finalized until the morning of inspections.
- You will receive an email at 7 a.m. on the day of your inspection, which will include the inspector's name and phone number.
2. If needed, refer to the following chart to verify your inspector’s phone number.
3. Proceed with your virtual inspection.
Text your inspector the information listed on the Virtual Inspections process page.
If you were unable to find the information that you needed about Building, Mechanical, Electrical, or Plumbing permits, call 703-228-3800.