LAC Studio Membership Fee Reductions
Beginning July 1, 2022 Cultural Affairs will be instituting a new fee schedule for LAC membership as adopted by the County board during the FY 2023 budget process. In order to ensure LAC membership is affordable for all qualified members, Cultural Affairs is offering fee reductions based on HUD Section 8 income limits for total household income and size.
Access for ALL Experienced Ceramics & Printmaking Artists
The LAC studio membership program is available at a price you can afford!
The Arlington County Fee Reduction Policy bases discounts on total household income and size relative to the currently-published HUD’s Section 8 income limits. If your household income is below the threshold, LAC membership fees could be reduced.
Fee reductions are available if you qualify and live in or own property in Arlington County or if you are an Arlington County employee or member of these households.
Fee Reduction Schedule
|Section 8 Definitions of % of Median Income
||Income Limits Effective April 2022
||8 or More
*Information based upon Federal Section 8 Median Income Determinations for Arlington County, VA.
How to Apply
- Complete the online fee reduction request form or fill one out at LAC.
- Proof of identity: U.S. driver’s license or passport from any country.
- Proof of residency: driver’s license (with Arlington County address) or lease agreement/recent utility bill with the applicant’s name.
- Proof of financial need:
- Documents that prove income for an entire household:
- Tax returns (1040 or 760) filed within last 12 months
- Current Arlington Public School letter verifying eligibility for free (75% discount) or reduced lunch (50% discount)
- Department of Human Services Woman, Infant and Children Program (WIC) (75% discount)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) (75% discount)
- Food Stamps, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (75% discount)
- Medicaid Card (50% discount)
- Documents that prove income for an individual. Only an individual (not household members) will qualify for fee reductions if one of the following is provided:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Official documentation from the Virginia Employment Commission demonstrating current unemployment benefits and demonstrated proof of other forms of income (as long as income does not exceed the Section 8 guidelines).
All fee reductions must be renewed annually.
If you have questions or need further assistance, call 703-228-0560 or email LAC@arlingtonva.us