These tows, also known as trespass tows, occur on private property at the request of the property owners, or where there is an existing contract with a private tow company. If your vehicle was towed from a lot on private property, read the lot’s entrance signs to find out the name and phone number of the private towing company that has your vehicle. Before you retrieve your vehicle, call the towing company for instructions and fees.
Filing a Complaint ACPD investigates all trespass towing complaints. If you believe your vehicle was towed in error, or that County regulations were not followed properly, you may ask ACPD to investigate. Submit our online form or call 703-228-4266. You may also wish to read the frequently asked questions section on the County website, which provides additional information on the signs required to be posted, current fee structure, and link to the County ordinance.
Trespass Towing Fees
- Gross vehicle weight of 7,5000 lbs or less: $135.00
- Gross vehicle weight of 7,502 to 10,000 lbs: $250.00
- Gross vehicle weight of more than 10,000 lbs: $500.00
- In lieu of towing fee or “drop fee”: $10.00
- Immobilization fee (ex: by use of a barnacle): $25.00
Night, Weekend and Holiday Fees
- Vehicle towed between 7:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m.: $30.00
- If towed on Saturday, Sunday or any holiday: $30.00
- Maximum night, weekend and holiday fee: $50.00 per tow
First 24-hours of storage after arriving at storage facility: No Fee
Each subsequent 24-hour period: $50.00
Except for fees authorized by Arlington County Code 14.3, no other fees or charges shall be imposed.