Access and Inclusion
Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation is committed to the American’s with Disabilities Act which guarantees non-discrimination and equal access for individuals with disabilities in all programs, services, and activities. We will assess all requests for program modifications. Advanced notice for modification requests are welcome.
View Full Access & Inclusion Guide
Contact Inclusion Coordinator
Available Inclusion Supports
The Therapeutic Recreation Office is committed to supporting individuals through:
- Creating and sharing modification plans with staff
- Conducting on-site observations upon request
- Recommending transfers to a different offering
- Training and supporting instructors, staff and parent/guardians as to how to implement various supports upon request
- Assessing the need for additional staff to lower the ratio or provide individualized support
Please note: Additional staff support is not guaranteed and is determined by staff availability, participant support need, and programmatic structure.
All participants with or without disabilities must be able to follow the Arlington County Code of Conduct with or without reasonable modifications.
- Adapted equipment/techniques
- Sign language interpreters
- Large print and Braille materials
How to Request a Modification
Complete online, phone-in or mail-in registration. When prompted, identify that inclusion support is needed due to a disability.
Download and complete a Participant Modification Information (PMI) form.
Submit completed PMI form. The PMI can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed/dropped off to 3308 N. Stafford St., Arlington, VA, 22206. Please make sure to identify which programs you are requesting support.
An Inclusion Support Coordinator will develop a Participant Modification Plan (PMP) designed to successfully support your participant's recreational pursuits.
An Inclusion Support Coordinator will inform you vie email about what inclusion supports they are able to provide prior to the start of the program.
Questions? 703-228-4740 or TTY 711