Dog Park Sponsor Group Agreement
The work will be performed under, and in accordance with, the Arlington County Department of Parks and Recreation “Adopt-A-Program” conditions and safety tips. The Dog Park Sponsor Group agrees to be responsible for the following maintenance and operations:
- The Dog Park Sponsor Group will work with park users to encourage them to clean up after their pets by posting notices on the bulletin board, holding meetings and sharing information about the benefits to users and pets of a healthy park, and when necessary organizing volunteer cleanup projects.
- Act as liaison between users and local residents.
- Provide education and explanation about park rules and regulations to park users. Parks & Recreation staff will review any written prior to distribution to the public relating to rules and regulations and/or events occurring on County property.
- Report general maintenance needs to their Park Area Manager.
- Maintain liaison with Animal Welfare League of Arlington to report dog bites in the dog park.
- When the Dog Park Sponsor Group receives complaints about the dog park, they should share those complaints with the Park Area Manager, who will work with the Dog Park Sponsor Group to address maintenance issues, operations or park user behavior problems.
- Trash pickup and containers are provided by Arlington County. The Dog Park Sponsor Group will ensure the trash containers are by the park gate on trash pickup days.
- Dog waste bags are provided by the park users and coordinated through the Dog Park Sponsor Group. The Dog Park Sponsor Group may solicit businesses or other groups for support to purchase or acquire dog waste bags. Contributors or supporters may be acknowledged by small signs in the park or on the bulletin board.
- Requests for outside groups to hold events in the park or at the park entrances must be reviewed with the Parks & Recreation staff. The safety of park users and unimpeded access to the park facilities is the primary consideration for those requests.
- When environmental or safety concerns require the dog park to be closed, the Dog Park Sponsor Group will utilize their social media contacts to support and share the information with the park user community.
By signing this Program Application, I agree and acknowledge that work will be performed in accordance with the Conditions and Agreements below. As a representative of the group referenced above, I have read and agree to abide by the policies, guidelines and safety recommendations set forth by DPR regarding the Adopt-A-Dog-Park Program. I understand this agreement is not complete until I have met with a DPR Project Coordinator to finalize and sign this Program Application and the Conditions and Agreements. I understand that DPR will decide the scope of work and feasibility of the adoption. I understand that as a Dog Park Sponsor Group Leader I am subject to a criminal background check.
I acknowledge that there are inherent risks involved in this activity, including, but not limited to, damage to my personal property and the property of my group, and risk of serious injury, or even death, to me or the members of my group. I recognize and agree that participation in the Adopt-A-Dog-Park Program is at my risk and the risk of individual participants in my group, and that Arlington County cannot assume responsibility for injuries or property damage.
In consideration of me being granted permission to participate in the Adopt-A-Dog-Park Program, I agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Board of Arlington County and all of its officers, agents and employees from any and all claims, losses, damages, injuries, fines, penalties and costs (including court costs and attorney’s fees), charges, or liabilities arising from my participation in the Adopt-A-Dog-Park Program. I am eighteen (18) years of age or older. I have read this Program Application and agree to its terms.