General District Court
Please Note: The Arlington County General District Court Clerk's off will be closing at 3:30pm today. We apologize for any inconvenience. We will re-open on Monday, June 12th at 8:00am.
- HOPE CARD- Final Protective Orders - FAQ(PDF, 561KB)
- NOTICE REGARDING COSTS AND FINES(PDF, 139KB)
- MEMORANDUM- CRIMINAL, TRAFFIC, AND CIVIL PROCEEDINGS(PDF, 55KB)
- MEMORANDUM - CASE SETTING, RETURN DOCKET AND WRITTEN MOTION REQUIRED TO CONTINUE A CIVIL TRIAL DATE(PDF, 32KB)
- MEMORANDUM - MOTION FOR RECONSIDERATION
- MEMORANDUM - POLICY REGADING INCLEMENT WEATHER AND OTHER EMERGENCY CLOSINGS(PDF, 30KB)
- FILING CIVIL PROCESS - GUIDE TO FORMS AND COPIES NEEDED(PDF, 175KB)
The General District Court is comprised of the Judges’ Office and the Clerk’s Office.
See the General District Court’s homepage on the Virginia’s Judicial System website for online court case information, forms, and prepayment.
The General District Court:
- Handles misdemeanor cases and holds preliminary hearings to determine probable cause in felonies
- Presides over involuntary mental commitment hearings for Arlington County.
- Has exclusive jurisdiction over claims for damages not greater than $25,000.
- Processes records such as criminal warrants, civil cases, and traffic summonses.
Brian. P Henshaw
703-228-7900 (Clerk’s Office)
- Hon. Romaine Frances O’Brien, Chief Judge
- Hon. Jason S. Rucker