The Arlington Victim/Witness Program can:
- Answer questions about the court process
- Inform you of case status
- Explain your rights and your role as a victim or witness
- Talk with you about personal reactions to the crime
- Offer support and crisis intervention
- Accompany you to court
- Help you complete a Request for Confidentiality form
- Arrange a courtroom tour
- Talk to your employer about time off for court proceedings
- Help you request restitution
- Refer you to community resources, social service agencies or counseling
- Assist you in filling out an application for the Criminal Injuries Compensation Fund
- Guide you in preparing your Victim Impact Statement
- Show you how to request notification of prisoner release
- In most felony cases involving crimes against individuals, a Victim Specialist will be assigned to work with you throughout the criminal justice proceedings.
Call 703-228-4410 and ask to speak with a Victim Specialist.
Services are available in Spanish.