NOTICE: Due to the COVID-19 emergency, Planning Commission meeting schedules and format have changed.
- All meeting dates and times are tentative until an Agenda is posted. View agenda, video, reports, and all other meeting materials on the Planning Commission Meeting Materials page.
- At this time, confirmed meetings will convene virtually. Learn how to view and participate below.
Established in 1956, the Arlington County Planning Commission (PC) is a citizen advisory board authorized by the Virginia State Code. It promotes the orderly development of Arlington County and its environs by advising the County Board on development and use of land, facilities and zoning.
2023 Public Hearings
||CBO & Recess Meetings
||PC Rep. at the CBO
|Mon. Jan. 9
||Wed. Jan. 11
||Sat. Jan. 21
Tue. Jan. 24
|Mon. Feb. 6
|Wed. Feb. 8 |Sat. Feb. 18
Tue. Feb. 21
|Mon. March 6
||Wed. March 8
Thurs. March 9
|Sat. March 18
Tue. March 21
||Tue. March 28 (Budget Hearing)
Thurs. March 30 (Tax Rate Hearing)
|Mon. April 10
|Wed. April 12 |Tue. April 22
Thurs. April 25
|Mon. May 1
|Wed. May 3 |Sat. May 13
Tue. May 16
|Wed. May 31
||Thurs. June 1
||Sat. June 10
Tue. June 13
|Mon. July 3
||Thurs. July 6
||Sat. July 15
Tue. July 18
|August – no meeting
||August – no meeting
||August – no meeting
||August – no meeting
|Mon. Sept. 11
|Wed. Sept. 13 |Sat. Sept. 23
Tue. Sept. 26
|Mon. Oct. 2
||Wed. Oct. 4
||Sat. Oct. 14
Tue. Oct. 17
Mon. Oct. 30
|Wed. Nov. 1
||Sat. Nov. 11
Tue. Nov. 14
|Mon. Dec. 4
||Wed. Dec. 6
||Sat. Dec. 16
Tue. Dec. 19
*To be assigned
How to View and Participate in a Hybrid PC Hearing
Planning Commission hearings are hybrid meetings where members of the public may attend in-person or via electronic communications using Microsoft Teams.
Commission members, staff, and applicants will conduct the hearings in a hybrid environment at the Bozman Government Center, 2100 Clarendon Boulevard, Room 307, County Board Room.
County staff, applicants, and public testimony will be hosted by teleconference/videoconference via Microsoft Teams. Participants will receive a confirmation email with further instructions once a speaker slip/request has been submitted to the Clerk.
Please note the following updates on how to view the hearings.
- The hearings will no longer be available to view at www.arlingtonva.us or in real time.
- The public will have options to view the meeting in real time through a Teams link (provided upon registration) and the event date of the hearing, provided on the sidebar.
- The hearings will be available for viewing online with closed captioning on YouTube, within 24-48 hours after the hearings.
- A broadcast of the hearing will continue to be available with closed captioning on Comcast Xfinity channels 25 and 1085; Verizon FiOS channels 39 and 40, 24-48 hours after the hearings.
In order to request to give public testimony, an online registration MUST be completed at least 24 hours in advance of the hearing, for a guaranteed opportunity to speak on the requested date and time.
- Registered speakers will receive a confirmation email with further instructions upon completion of the speaker request form and after submission to the Clerk.
- Registered participants choosing to speak virtually will join the meeting via Microsoft Teams (accessible through a web browser or the free app). The meeting link will be provided in the confirmation email.
- Commission members, staff, and public testimony will be hosted by teleconference/videoconference via Microsoft Teams.
- Meeting access information is provided on the Commission’s webpage prior to the meeting start. (see chart above)
- Audio is available from the dial-in phone option.
- To request translation services or other reasonable accommodations, contact the Planning Commission Clerk,
- Gizele Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org ; 703-228-0095.
The public can participate by sharing virtually, live verbal testimony, or written comments in advance:
- Sign-up online to speak – All persons interested in speaking on an agenda topic at a Planning Commission hearing must sign up 24-hours in advance of the noticed hearing, in order to be guaranteed an opportunity to speak at the requested date and time. Registration less than 24-hours before a hearing does not guarantee the opportunity to speak, unless granted that opportunity by the discretion of the Commission Chair.
- Registered speakers will receive an email with further instruction.
- Speakers will join the meeting via Microsoft Teams (accessible through a web browser or the free app), or, via a phone line to provide their comments.
- To register by phone, contact the Planning Commission Clerk, Gizele Johnson: 703-228-0095.
- Submit written comments online to the Planning Commission. Comments received by 12:00 PM on the day of the hearing will be provided to the Commission in advance of the public hearing by the Planning Commission Clerk.