Form Based Code Advisory Working Group (FBC AWG)
The County Manager created the Form Based Code Advisory Working Group (FBC AWG) to ensure the Columbia Pike Form Based Code (FBC) and the Neighborhoods Form Based Code (N-FBC) provide clear direction for implementing the vision for Columbia Pike. The group brings technical community resources to the review of proposed FBC/N-FBC amendments and development proposals. The FBC AWG also helps keep community members informed of ongoing discussions and projects.
Meetings are frequently held the second Wednesday of each month, begin at 7 p.m. (unless otherwise noted), and are open to the public. However, participation in the discussion is limited to members of the Planning Commission or FBC AWG members, unless otherwise recognized by Committee chair. Most meetings take place at the Ellen Bozman Government Center, but the conference room varies. Check the meeting agenda for the conference room.
COVID-19 Update: Due to the pandemic, FBC AWG meeting format has changed. At this time, FBC AWG engagement will be held virtually, through live virtual meetings and other forms of digital/online engagement. Please see below for additional instructions.
View past meetings
How to View and Participate in a Virtual FBC AWG Meeting
Virtual FBC AWG meetings will be held through electronic communication means in compliance with the Code of Virginia and Arlington County’s Continuity of Operations Ordinance. All meetings are open to virtual attendance by the public and closed to in-person attendance.
- Group members, staff, and public testimony will be hosted by teleconference/videoconference via Microsoft Teams.
- Meeting access information will be provided on the Group’s webpage at arlingtonva.us. (Link will be posted in chart above prior to the meeting start.)
- Live captioning is available when using the Microsoft Teams App. Please download the free Microsoft Teams App onto your computer and test it prior to the meeting. You must be using the Teams App and be logged in to use the live captioning feature. For further instruction on how to join a Teams Meeting, view the How to Join a Microsoft Teams Meeting video.
- Audio is available from the dial-in phone option.
- A recording of the meeting will be posted to the Group’s webpage two business days after the meeting.
- To request translation services or other reasonable accommodations, call 703-228-0493 or email Matt Mattauszek: mailto:email@example.com.