Arlington Neighborhoods Advisory Committee (ArNAC)
NOTICE: Due to the COVID-19 emergency, Arlington Neighborhoods Advisory Committee (ArNAC) meeting schedules and format have changed.
• Meeting dates and times are tentative until an agenda is posted.
• At this time all confirmed meetings will convene virtually. Learn how to view and participate below.
The ArNAC (formerly known as the Neighborhood Conservation Advisory Committee or NCAC) leads the development of neighborhood plans and recommends neighborhood-initiated capital improvements for funding by the County Board. Improvements include sidewalks, street beautification, pedestrian safety projects, street lights, and parks.
ArNAC members are comprised of representatives from 48 of Arlington County’s 57 civic associations. Each community that participates in the Arlington Neighborhoods Program has an ArNAC representative that serves as a liaison with County staff in the development of a neighborhood plan. The plan ultimately reflects the desires of the community as a whole.
View past meetings
How to View and Participate in a Hybrid ArNAC Meeting
ArNAC meetings are hybrid meetings where members of the public may attend in-person or via electronic communications using Microsoft Teams.
- Group members, staff, and public testimony will be hosted by teleconference/videoconference via Microsoft Teams.
- Meeting access information will be provided on the Committee’s webpage at arlingtonva.us. (link will be posted in chart above prior to the meeting start)
- Live captioning is available when using the Microsoft Teams App. Please download the free Microsoft Teams App onto your computer and test it prior to the meeting. You must be using the Teams App and be logged in in order to use the live captioning feature. For further instruction on how to join a Teams Meeting, you can visit the How to Join a Microsoft Teams Meeting video.
- Audio is available from the dial-in phone option.
- A recording of the meeting will be posted to the Committee’s webpage two business days after the meeting.
- To request translation services or other reasonable accommodations, contact Tim McIntosh: email@example.com; 703-228-3829.
The public can participate by sharing live verbal testimony or written comments in advance.
- Sign-up online to speak by 12 noon on the day of the meeting.
- In-person registration will not be available.
- Registered speakers will receive an email with further instruction.
- Speakers will join the meeting via Microsoft Teams (accessible through a web browser or the free app), or, via a phone line to provide their comments.
- To register by phone, contact Tim McIntosh at 703-228-3829.
- Submit written comments online to the ArNAC. Comments received by 12 noon on the day of the meeting will be provided to the ArNAC in advance.
- The Who, What, Where, Why and How of Placemaking Presentation
- New Projects Presentation(PDF, 5MB)
- Arlington Neighborhoods Map
- ANP Funding Map 2000-2017
- ANP Updated Guide 2023(PDF, 4MB)
- ANP Evaluation Document
- ANP Evaluation Presentation
- Spring 2022 Proposed Project List(PDF, 106KB)
- May 2022 ArNAC Presentation(PDF, 1MB)
- Equity Presentation October 2022(PDF, 2MB)
- Low/Moderate Income Map for Equity(PDF, 6MB)
- Equity Considerations Form for Projects(DOCX, 23KB)