TRAFFIC ALERT: Planned Road Closures for May 13, 2023
Published on May 05, 2023
ARLINGTON, Va. – The Arlington County Police Department will conduct road closures in order to accommodate two upcoming events taking place on Saturday, May 13.
2023 Arlington Science Focus School 5k & 1 Mile Fun Run
The 2023 Arlington Science Focus School 5k & 1 Mile Fun Run will take place on Saturday, May 13. The following roadway will be closed from approximately 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.:
- N. Lincoln Street, from 14th Street N. to 17th Street N.
The entrance to the parking lot for Hayes Park (1500 block of N. Lincoln Street) will be temporarily closed for the duration of the event.
2023 Police Week 5k
The 2023 National Police Week 5k will take place on Saturday, May 13, and will begin at approximately 9:00 a.m. The following roadways will be closed in order to accommodate the event:
From approximately 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Army Navy Drive, from 12th Street S. to S. Eads Street
- Southbound Route 110 ramp to Army Navy Drive
From approximately 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Army Navy Drive, from S. Eads Street to S. Joyce Street
- S. Joyce Street, from Army Navy Drive to Columbia Pike
- Southgate Road, from S. Nash Street to Columbia Pike
- S. Hayes Street, from Army Navy Drive to 12th Street S.
- Northbound I-395 ramp to Army Navy Drive (Exit 8C)
From approximately 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- S. Eads Street, from Army Navy Drive to 12th Street S.
- 11th Street S., from S. Eads Street to Army Navy Drive
- Columbia Pike, from S. Joyce Street to the Washington Boulevard Ramp
- Southbound Washington Boulevard, from Memorial Circle to Columbia Pike
- Southbound Route 110, from I-66 East and Wilson Boulevard to Army Navy Drive / I-395 North ramp
- Ramp to Army Navy Drive from exit 8A / Arlington Ridge Road/ Washington Boulevard
Community members should expect to see an increased police presence in these areas, and motorists are urged to follow law enforcement direction, be mindful of closures, and remain alert for increased pedestrian traffic. Additional closures not mentioned above may be implemented at police discretion in the interest of public safety.
Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No parking” signs, as street parking in the area will be limited. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call the Emergency Communications Center 703-558-2222.