TRAFFIC ALERT: 2023 Arlington Turkey Trot 18th Annual Fun Run
Published on November 15, 2023
ARLINGTON, VA. – The Arlington County Police Department will conduct the following road closures from approximately 7:30 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, November 23, 2023, to accommodate the Arlington Turkey Trot 18th Annual Fun Run:
- N. Pershing Drive from N. Edgewood Street to N. Piedmont Street
- N. Oxford Street from N. Pershing Drive to 4th Street N.
- N. Oakland Street from N. Pershing Drive to Columbia Gardens Cemetery Side Entrance
- 4th Street N. from N. Oxford Street to N. Nelson Street
- N. Irving Street from 9th Street N. to 2nd Road N.
- 2nd Road N. from N. Irving Street to Columbia Gardens Cemetery Side Entrance
- 9th Street N. from N. Irving Street to N. Highland Street
- N. Highland Street from 9th Street N. to 1st Street N.
- 1st Street N. from N. Highland Street to N. Fillmore Street
- N. Fillmore Street from 1st Street N. to Pershing Drive
The public should expect to see an increased police presence in the area, and motorists are urged to follow law enforcement direction, be mindful of closures, and remain alert for increased pedestrian traffic. Additionally, other closures not mentioned above may be implemented at police discretion in the interest of public safety.
When safe to do so, residents of the affected areas will be escorted through the road closures as necessary to minimize the impact on the community. All roadways are expected to reopen by 11:00 a.m. Community members are asked to park vehicles in driveways to reduce the congestion on the course and to allow for normal traffic conditions to return as quickly as possible.
Street parking around the event will be restricted and motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call the Emergency Communications Center at 703-558-2222.