MEDIA ADVISORY: Renovated and Reimagined Bozman Center Celebration
Published on April 11, 2023
Arlington County Government invites members of the media as we celebrate the renovated and reimagined Ellen M. Bozman County Government Center (2100 Clarendon Blvd) on Wednesday, April 12, 2023. Doors open at 2:45 p.m. and the events begin at 3 p.m. with a ribbon cutting ceremony featuring County Board Chair Christian Dorsey and County Manager Mark Schwartz.
As part of the celebration, Arlington will officially open the new full-service Courthouse Library, a new Arlington Welcome Center, and a new Permit Arlington Center, and the USS Arlington Community Alliance and the Arlington Historical Society will unveil a full model of the USS Arlington.
Additionally, the open house will feature government services, an introduction to Rank Choice Voting, NARCAN training, public art projects, music, children’s story times, crafts, and more.
What: Renovated and Reimagined Bozman Center Celebration
- Arlington County Board Members
- Arlington County Manager Mark Schwartz
- Director of Arlington Public Library Diane Kresh
- President of USS Arlington Community Alliance Kevin Reardon
- Vice President of Arlington Historical Society David Pearson
- Capt. Eric Kellum of the USS Arlington
- Poet Laureate Holly Karapetkova
- Ukrainian Musician Alina Stovbun
- 3:15 p.m.: Welcome Center and Lobby Ribbon Cutting
- 3:45 p.m.: Ribbon Cutting for Permit Arlington Center
- 4:00 p.m.: Mark Schwartz Children’s story time reading
- 4:30 p.m.: Welcome Party for the New Courthouse Library
- 5:00 p.m.: USS Arlington Unveiling
Where: Bozman Government Center (2100 Clarendon Blvd)